You, me and the server - moving forward

Discussion related to the Advanced Gaming community.
Tosfera
Site Admin

You, me and the server - moving forward

Post by Tosfera »

Hello, Roleplayers!

We've been online since 17 April 2020 and we've come to a point where most of the things are running in a stable state, which is why we've decided to turn to you guys. We haven't been roleplaying as much ourselves since we've been too busy doing our duties as administrators. Due to this, we are currently looking for your input on what we should focus on.

What is your top 3 of scripts and/or things (except players) you're missing to roleplay in the server? This can be a simple thing like a decimal in the frequency of the walkie talkie (sorry LSPD, working on a fix :roll: ), or an entirely new script. Provide us with your input on what you're missing the most and we'll make a list out of the scripts to see what we can achieve in a short amount of time. If your idea is quite large, make sure to tell us why exactly you want the scripts/changes to be made.

Kind regards,
Tosfera

Fernando

Post by Fernando »

Top 3 things I would like to see:

1. Lots of legal factions/businesses hiring, providing jobs with stable income (eg. towing, trucking, collecting trash, player run dealerships, ...)
2. Custom skins for everybody
3. Bars/strip clubs/more establishments opening in the eastern part of Los Santos since that's where most people live/roleplay at
Image Image

Israel

Post by Israel »

Personally my main three things are...

1) Lack of an MDC
2) Lack of a Dispatch System
3) No LSTR present & lack of FD available
Los Santos Police Department - Police Officer II - Lisa Goodman
Israel's LSPD Video Thread

Tosfera
Site Admin

Post by Tosfera »

Fernando wrote:
25 Apr 2020, 13:18
Top 3 things I would like to see:

1. Lots of legal factions/businesses hiring, providing jobs with stable income (eg. towing, trucking, collecting trash, player run dealerships, ...)
2. Custom skins for everybody
3. Bars/strip clubs/more establishments opening in the eastern part of Los Santos since that's where most people live/roleplay at
The factions/businesses are a thing which we're pushing the players for as well. Erny is almost ready for the Los Santos Disposal Services and will start hiring pretty soon, the same goes for R4cc00n with the LST&R. That should be 2 factions which will provide a lot of roleplay. The custom skins is quite low on the prio list but we'll look into it!

If I'm not mistaken, there have been 2 or 3 clubs given away last week so we're working on providing a lot more in that part! Thanks for the feedback as well!!
Israel wrote:
25 Apr 2020, 13:21
Personally my main three things are...

1) Lack of an MDC
2) Lack of a Dispatch System
3) No LSTR present & lack of FD available
We'll provide a basic MDC quite soon, could you provide any more info about the dispatch system? Maybe we can make a v0.1 for you guys (just like the MDC) so that you can use that and move forward until we make a final 1.0 version ;)

Vorras

Post by Vorras »

1) The ability to use items in your inventory by just left clicking on them, instead of having to right click and then click on "use"

2) Hotlines application on phones. A list with every company's Hotline, as long as emergency ones.

3) The ability to customise your own interior's textures, by uploading .png files which will replace the original ones. (I suggest that this should be done with creating an item like "paint" or "wallpaper" on which you will choose the texture you wish to replace and then upload the new .png file, preferably from imgur.)

4) The ability to move your own items, in your apartment or property, and furniture at your desired position and angle.

Tosfera
Site Admin

Post by Tosfera »

Vorras wrote:
25 Apr 2020, 13:34
1) The ability to use items in your inventory by just left clicking on them, instead of having to right click and then click on "use"
This is already the case for a lot of items! If you got an item which doesn't work with this, let me know and I'll add em right in. Just noticed we've messed up and lost a lot of this, I'll add in all the usable items quite soon!
Vorras wrote:
2) Hotlines application on phones. A list with every company's Hotline, as long as emergency ones.
Consider it done!
Vorras wrote:
3) The ability to customise your own interior's textures, by uploading .png files which will replace the original ones. (I suggest that this should be done with creating an item like "paint" or "wallpaper" on which you will choose the texture you wish to replace and then upload the new .png file, preferably from imgur.)

4) The ability to move your own items, in your apartment or property, and furniture at your desired position and angle.
These 2 will be added to the list so we can discuss and prioritize them! :)

Vorras

Post by Vorras »

Tosfera wrote:
25 Apr 2020, 13:37
Vorras wrote:
This is already the case for a lot of items! If you got an item which doesn't work with this, let me know and I'll add em right in. Just noticed we've messed up and lost a lot of this, I'll add in all the usable items quite soon!
Vorras wrote:
Consider it done!
Vorras wrote:

These 2 will be added to the list so we can discuss and prioritize them! :)
Thank you for responding. I'll be providing feedback for 1) on the bugs section.

Dino

Post by Dino »

1) Since the illegal RP seems quite developed and the means of them making money is quite straight with drugs and/or guns, I would say work on some sort of way for legal RP to be able to make some money as well, since the already implemented legal script jobs don't pay much and the amount of combined networth of the server is quite the same as it was at the launch. Developing new bases for legal RP would be what I'd suggest, like a government, city council and judicial systems.

2) I'm okay with house prices being so high, but this should only be the case if you could always rent a house. I would say make more apartments and houses and make the ability to rent them up. There are even ways to add RP to this procedure, like giving out different complexes to be rented out by different organizations. For example a complex in marina with special offers for LEO officers, and the same with other different groups, which all can be handled ICly given out to real state agents who would like to deal them and take commission.

3) Loans! there is alot that can be done with this. It can just be a bank script or it can be done by a player and handled as a faction/business.

Tosfera
Site Admin

Post by Tosfera »

Dino wrote:
25 Apr 2020, 13:51
2) I'm okay with house prices being so high, but this should only be the case if you could always rent a house. I would say make more apartments and houses and make the ability to rent them up. There are even ways to add RP to this procedure, like giving out different complexes to be rented out by different organizations. For example a complex in marina with special offers for LEO officers, and the same with other different groups, which all can be handled ICly given out to real state agents who would like to deal them and take commission.
We're writing an entire new property system which correctly handles rent for everyone, this'll enhance the entire feeling of growing up in-game a lot. Just a bit more time and this'll be a real thing. The entire real estate thing for IC is a no go yet, no one can actually afford so many properties. you can, however, let someone sell your property. could be a fun thing haha
Dino wrote:
3) Loans! there is alot that can be done with this. It can just be a bank script or it can be done by a player and handled as a faction/business.
These are on the way! We just want to find a way to avoid a player from getting a loan on day 1, quit on day 2 and still have a shit ton of properties occupied which will be locked for 30 days for others.

Fernando

Post by Fernando »

Dino wrote:
It would be great if residential property owners could put their properties for lease for up to X amount of tenants so they can generate income off of them, and at the same time give new players places to stay!
Image Image