Page 1 of 1

Display Property ID's and VIN's

Posted: 20 Apr 2020, 22:19
by Israel
When holding alt, property ID's and VIN numbers should be shown.

Re: Display Property ID's and VIN's

Posted: 21 Apr 2020, 00:27
by Fernando
Not for regular players no....

Re: Display Property ID's and VIN's

Posted: 21 Apr 2020, 05:48
by Israel
Fernando wrote:
21 Apr 2020, 00:27
Not for regular players no....
Yes, VIN numbers are present on all vehicles. Property ID numbers are also registered via government? Elaborate more before just stating your opinion..

Re: Display Property ID's and VIN's

Posted: 21 Apr 2020, 14:14
by Fernando
Israel wrote:
21 Apr 2020, 05:48
Fernando wrote:
21 Apr 2020, 00:27
Not for regular players no....
Yes, VIN numbers are present on all vehicles. Property ID numbers are also registered via government? Elaborate more before just stating your opinion..

All right, here's my opinion.
VINs should only be visible on the vehicle's ALT text when the player is inside the vehicle. Having it visible from the exterior at the current range of the ALT text makes for easy abuse. Don't get me wrong but on other servers police had the option to search a vehicle by VIN and it's a much simpler number to memorize and search for, thus they would ignore the license plate and just use this information that shouldn't be obtainable from outside the vehicle in the first place.

As for Property IDs I don't see an use for players to see this information. Only keyholders should have access to this information. Property related requests only require the owner and admins to see the property ID. So Property IDs should only be visible to the property owners and admins, in my opinion.

Re: Display Property ID's and VIN's

Posted: 21 Apr 2020, 15:45
by Blast3r
Fernando wrote:
21 Apr 2020, 14:14
Israel wrote:
21 Apr 2020, 05:48
Fernando wrote:
21 Apr 2020, 00:27
Not for regular players no....
Yes, VIN numbers are present on all vehicles. Property ID numbers are also registered via government? Elaborate more before just stating your opinion..

All right, here's my opinion.
VINs should only be visible on the vehicle's ALT text when the player is inside the vehicle. Having it visible from the exterior at the current range of the ALT text makes for easy abuse. Don't get me wrong but on other servers police had the option to search a vehicle by VIN and it's a much simpler number to memorize and search for, thus they would ignore the license plate and just use this information that shouldn't be obtainable from outside the vehicle in the first place.

As for Property IDs I don't see an use for players to see this information. Only keyholders should have access to this information. Property related requests only require the owner and admins to see the property ID. So Property IDs should only be visible to the property owners and admins, in my opinion.
I second this.

Re: Display Property ID's and VIN's

Posted: 05 May 2020, 14:35
by Tosfera
I'm strongly against the idea of showing an ID of both the property and vehicles, a player has no use for these since there are 0 search functionalities for this and probably never will. These IDs are script related and can be abused in so many ways.. you'll need a solid reason to convince me to show these to players.

Re: Display Property ID's and VIN's

Posted: 05 May 2020, 16:05
by Israel
Tosfera wrote:
05 May 2020, 14:35
I'm strongly against the idea of showing an ID of both the property and vehicles, a player has no use for these since there are 0 search functionalities for this and probably never will. These IDs are script related and can be abused in so many ways.. you'll need a solid reason to convince me to show these to players.
Well it is ultimately your decision, but on OwlGaming's MDC VIN & Interior ID's as both would be registered via DMV or other government agencies. VIN were also available on the vehicle description when you held in alt. As for Property ID, you were only able to view that on the MDC then be able to trace the property via a command. So perhaps take that into some consideration for LEO roleplayers looking to join the server and have some sort of familiarity.

Re: Display Property ID's and VIN's

Posted: 06 May 2020, 18:10
by Blast3r
Israel wrote:
05 May 2020, 16:05
Tosfera wrote:
05 May 2020, 14:35
I'm strongly against the idea of showing an ID of both the property and vehicles, a player has no use for these since there are 0 search functionalities for this and probably never will. These IDs are script related and can be abused in so many ways.. you'll need a solid reason to convince me to show these to players.
Well it is ultimately your decision, but on OwlGaming's MDC VIN & Interior ID's as both would be registered via DMV or other government agencies. VIN were also available on the vehicle description when you held in alt. As for Property ID, you were only able to view that on the MDC then be able to trace the property via a command. So perhaps take that into some consideration for LEO roleplayers looking to join the server and have some sort of familiarity.

I love it how almost every suggestion from you is "on OwlGaming it was like this". This isn't Owl Gaming.