Justice System- Prison

Have a cool suggestion that you think would help in improving our community? We'd love to hear it out!
Dino

Justice System- Prison

Post by Dino »

Suggestion for (MTA/Forum/Website): MTA

Detailed description of suggestion: So there should be a justice system, which you can either develop yourself or copy from somewhere and then match with the time frame of the server. In this system, caught criminals have to undergo a court, they should have lawyers and a decent hearing after which they will be sentenced. In addition I suggest having a prison mapped that sentenced individuals have to be inside and pay the time for their crimes. If the prison is properly mapped, prisoners should be able to have fun RPing inside as well.

Why should this be added?: If there is an actual prison that you can serve actual time, illegal RPers have to think twice before committing felonies.

Pros and cons of suggestion: Will take some time to map I believe.

Anything else you'd like to add?:

Here is a poor example of the mapping we used to use for prison. Keep in mind that it's for like 9 years ago.

Israel

Post by Israel »

I like the concept, as long as the jail times for something such as evasion are not 5+ hours while having to still be online for the timer to go down.
Los Santos Police Department - Police Officer II - Lisa Goodman
Israel's LSPD Video Thread

Dino

Post by Dino »

Well there is custody and there is jail time. If the crime is minor there shouldn't even be need for a court but just some time in the custody in the LSPD cells, but if it is a felony, there should be a court and then prison time. I even believe the prison time for big time crimes should be the matter of days and weeks, which would definitely result in more realism. I don't believe you have to be online for it to pass though.

Sherry

Post by Sherry »

Dino wrote:
05 May 2020, 14:33
Well there is custody and there is jail time. If the crime is minor there shouldn't even be need for a court but just some time in the custody in the LSPD cells, but if it is a felony, there should be a court and then prison time. I even believe the prison time for big time crimes should be the matter of days and weeks, which would definitely result in more realism. I don't believe you have to be online for it to pass though.
i wouldn't say court for every felony, only serious felonies such as first/second degree murder, manslaughter, terrorism, etc etc. not every felony will have lengthy sentences. we don't have the manpower in PD nor the courts to pursue a courtcase in every felony. but i agree, misdemeanours should be PD cells, felonies should be a prison.

only problem is creating a faction to supervise the felons in prison for the lenghtier sentences. PD won't be making a sub-division for prisons since PD has no jurisdiction in supervising a prison and we'd have to make a switch to a sheriff's department if that were to happen.