Taxi Job Suggestion

Have a cool suggestion that you think would help in improving our community? We'd love to hear it out!
Israel

Taxi Job Suggestion

Post by Israel »

- Have dispatch display the callers number

- Add a command /taccept [callers phone number] that alert the caller with a message outputted in the chatbox that a taxi is on their way, and if another taxi driver tries to /taccept then output a message in the chatbox to let any other taxi drivers know that the call has already been accepted by another driver.
Los Santos Police Department - Police Officer II - Lisa Goodman
Israel's LSPD Video Thread

Tyler

Post by Tyler »

How about taxi company instead

Israel

Post by Israel »

Tyler wrote:
18 Apr 2020, 19:15
How about taxi company instead
I'd prefer to keep it as a city hall job, making it a faction would just complicate things unnecessarily. It's an easy job; reason why it's already a city hall job. I've seen taxi / transportation factions on other communities and they were all short lived.

Tosfera
Site Admin

Post by Tosfera »

taccept can be abused, what if a troll accepts all the calls and just sits in a corner, beating their meat. I wouldn't really deny the second person from claiming it as well, it should just tell the second person that someone else has claimed it as well. Once someone accepts a call, every taxi driver should be notified. The player can simply wait for 2 cabs and pick the first one if there are 2 cabs on their way.

Israel

Post by Israel »

Tosfera wrote:
05 May 2020, 14:40
taccept can be abused, what if a troll accepts all the calls and just sits in a corner, beating their meat. I wouldn't really deny the second person from claiming it as well, it should just tell the second person that someone else has claimed it as well. Once someone accepts a call, every taxi driver should be notified. The player can simply wait for 2 cabs and pick the first one if there are 2 cabs on their way.
Make it so a single player can only accept one call at a time. If the player disconnects, or decides to get another alternative ride, allow for a player to /treset
Last edited by Israel on 16 May 2020, 08:34, edited 1 time in total.

Israel

Post by Israel »

Israel wrote:
16 May 2020, 08:31
Tosfera wrote:
05 May 2020, 14:40
Make it so a single driver only accept one call at a time. If the caller disconnects alert the taxi driver with a message. If the caller gets an alternative drive, then allow for the driver to /tcancel and reset their /taccept.